Nur für den Export!
The Vet-o-test Canine Adenovirus Ag is a immunochromatographic assay for the qualitative detection of Canine Adenovirus antigen (CAV Ag) in canine respiratory tract or blood. The CAV Ag Test Device has a letter of „T“ and „C“ as test line and control line on the surface of the card. Both the test line and control line in result window are not visible before applying any samples. The control line is used for procedural control.
Control line should be always appear if the test procedure is performed properly and the test reagents of control line are working. A purple test line will be visible in the result window if there are enough CAV antigen in the specimen. The specially selected antibodies are used in test band as both capture and detector materials. These enable the device to identify CAV antigen in canine respiratory tract or blood with a high degree of accuracy
- One-step rapid test of canine adenovirus antigens
- Rapid test results between 5 ~ 10 minutes
- Expensive equipment not required
- Easy storage and maintenance
- High-purity and high-quality materials of the test kit increases its sensitivity and specificity.
Materials (10 tests/kit)
- Test 10 units
- Diluent (buffer) 0.4 ml x 10 units
- Disposable dropper 10 units
- Swabs for sample collection 10 units
Specimen well (S : for dropping), Test line (T), and Control line (C) are marked on the device. Inside it, the strip is composed of sample pad, conjugate pad, nitrocellulose membrane (test paper), and absorbent pad.
Detection of canine adenovirus antigens from canine ocular or nasal discharge.
Canine ocular discharge or nasal discharge.
- Storage of specimen
a) Store specimen at 2~8°C for use within 24 hours or at -25°C for later use.
b) Keep the specimen at 22~25°C before use.
- Test procedure
a) Collect canine ocular or nasal discharge with a swab and put the swab into a sample tube containing 0.4ml of buffer.
b) Swirl the buffer with the swab.
c) Drop 100 µl (4 drops) into the specimen well.
d) Read the test results within 5 – 10 minutes.
Consider the test results as invalid after 10 minutes
- Interpretation of the results
A purple band should appear on the control line regardless of the test result.
The presence of another band on the test line determines the result.Control Line (C): The line should always appear regardless of the presence of the antigens of canine adenovirus. If this line does not appear, the test should be considered invalid. This is probably because of impure buffer and the lack of specimen. It should be tested again with new buffer.
Test Line (T): The presence of antigens of canine adenovirus determines the test line.
1) Negative: Control line only appears.
2) Positive: Both Test and Control lines appear.
a) Both Test and Control lines do not appear.
b) Test line only appears.
- Further examinations
This test is for primary screening. Consult veterinarians for further necessary examinations to obtain clinical test results.
- Use for canine In-vitro diagnostic purposes only.
- Use within 10 minutes after opening the pouch because the test kit is very sensitive to moisture and its effect may diminish.
- Be careful of not touching the result window.
- Every specimen should be used with different droppers.
- For testing, buffer included only should be used.
- Do not use specimen being contaminated with microbes, which may cause falsepositive or negative result.
- Deal with specimen carefully. They can deliver unknown virus or infectious bacteria.
- Use disposable gloves when you suspect the infection caused by specimen. And wash your hands later.
- Dispose solid wastes after sterilizing them at 121 °C for over 1 hour.
- Do not the kit use when its pouch is torn, sealing is not good shape and expiration date passes.
The test kits store at 2~30°C can be used for 24 months after manufacturing. Do not keep them in refrigerator. However, if they are stored under cold circumstances, keep them at room temperature for 15 ~ 30 minutes before use.
The test kits are manufactured under strict quality control system. Nevertheless, if they deteriorate during delivery, ask our distributors for exchange.
The entire risk due to the performance of this product is assumed by the purchaser.
The manufacturer shall not be liable for indirect, special or consequential damages of any kind resulting from use of this product.
Nur zu Forschungszwecken.
Günter Keul GmbH
Tel.: 02551/2097 Fax.: 02551/80883